IT Sales Executive
The IT Sales Executive handles the sales of Internet and IT solutions including software, hardware, and services to new or existing customers in order to achieve revenue targets. Customers are usually technology buyers from organizations such as banks, insurance companies, retailers, wholesalers, telcos, and manufacturers as well as education institutions and government organizations… The IT Sales Executive maintains the client relationships, provides pre-sales as well as after sales advice, and is a key contact point for customers.
The position requires an individual to have a good business acumen with a broad understanding of Internet Service and Information Technology. The IT Sales Executive should also be a good team player with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Duties & Responsibilities
An IT Sales Executive is expected to:
- Identify and develop new businesses through networking and prospecting techniques.
- Engage in cold-calling to create interest in company products and services, and generate new
- Business leads and arranges customer meetings.
- Prepare and deliver customer presentations including high-level solution overviews and/or
- Understand customers’ business needs and challenges and position the relevant solutions
- that address those needs.
- persuade potential buyers that a product or service best satisfies their needs in terms of
- quality, price, and service delivery while managing customer objections.
- Develop a pipeline by using the company’s sales methodology and processes.
- Manage sales opportunities throughout the sales cycle.
- Ensure accurate and timely forecasting and reporting for management visibility.
- Meet or exceed individual sales targets while contributing to overall team targets as set by
- Meet KPIs related to selling efforts and customer calls or visits.
- Attend and contribute to team meetings and report progress towards achieving account or
- go-to-market strategies with management and peers.
- Maintain strategic relationships with existing customers and upsell/cross-sell by promoting
- product upgrades, additional complementary technologies or solutions, etc…
- Maintain strategic partnerships with technology vendors and distributors.
- Respond to tender documents and write proposals as well as any supporting
- Create sales literature to promote company solutions, products, and services.
- Support marketing activities by attending company events and trade shows.
- Maintain industry awareness and keep abreast of a constantly changing technology
- landscape by following the latest trends in software, hardware, and related solutions.
- Manage own time by organizing and prioritizing daily and weekly tasks.
Education & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Communication Engineering, Information
- Technology (or equivalent) from an accredited university.
- 1-3 years of the Internet or IT sales experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with a prevalent professional demeanor.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Broad technology knowledge (Internet, Datacenter, Cloud, Cyber Security and messaging/collaboration)
- Proficiency in English and Swahili
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office
- Hands-on experience with CRM software is a plus